Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baltimore Bon Voyage - October 2009

 This is a nostalgic time for both of us, as "Baltimore," a huge chapter or era in our lives morphs into something greater and unknown. It is hard to stomach waves of mixed emotion that grow with the awareness that we're all on the verge of major changes: our parents are approaching retirement, relationships are deepening and changing, some of us are advancing in and embarking on new careers while others are traveling, pursuing more education or thinking about relocating altogether.

Nothing stays the same and we can either fight it or change with it, often finding sheer amazement and even greater happiness that comes when we let go. Baltimore has been beyond good to us, but the time has finally come for us to venture on. Lord knows we've tried to leave before, but I wouldn't have named our boat Synchronicity if I didn't believe everything happens for a reason.

We feel so blessed and fortunate to have such a wonderful support group, our network of family and friends that have backed us all the way, have taught us so many important lessons in patience, hope and faith. You are the pillars of our life and bring us so much joy. Thank you for always being there and for being so damn cool!

The cruise on the Fearless may have been rained out, but no one could keep this rowdy bunch of pirates down, as we took over the Cat's Eye Pub by storm. We partied on throughout the night and Sunday, with brunch at Little Havana. I never laughed so hard, our cried so hard as I proceeded to bawl my eyes out throughout the week of goodbyes, which are really just "so long for nows.."

We didn't actually shove off until a few days after planned departure. I am thankful I got to spend one more time with... my only and favorite sis, Tristan; Raj; Claire Bear, my first and best friend in Baltimore for over 10 years, Angela, and John. John saw us off in true mariner style - sounding the air horn as he cast us off the dock right off Thames Street. Stephen responded with a few blasts of our own horn and of course I bawled my eyes out again as I watched a post card perfect Thames Street and then Baltimore City fade from view.

No comments: